February 21, 2018 – Annual General Meeting- Diversifying Your Fundraising Portfolio. Presented by Glenn Craig, President & CEO Thunder Bay Regional Health Sciences Foundation, and Gladys Berringer, Executive Director, Our Kids Count. Join us as Glenn & Gladys talk about what makes for a diverse and successful annual fundraising campaign in their respective organizations. CLICK HERE TO REGISTER FOR THE AGM
April 25, 2018 – General Meeting – Next Steps in Professional Development: Exploring the CFRE and Masters in Philanthropy. Presented by Mark Tilbury, CFRE, Director, Annual Fund & Alumni Engagement,Lakehead University. Join Certified Fund Raising Executive Mark Tilbury as he discusses the process and requirements for successfully attaining your CFRE designation, and his experience in obtaining his Masters of Philanthropy.
September 19, 2018 – General Meeting – Creating a Meaningful Experience for Your Donors-Stephanie Paxton, Development Officer, Thunder Bay Art Gallery. How do you make your donor’s experience with your organization truly special? Join Stephanie as she discusses the different stewardship practices she uses at the Thunder Bay Art Gallery. A Review of Donor Stewardship
November 21, 2018 – General Meeting – Capital Campaigns: A Panel Discussion. Panelists will include: Sharon Godwin, Thunder Bay Art Gallery, TBC, TBC. Are you considering a capital campaign for your organization? Ask these professionals who are finalizing their capital campaigns how they ran their campaigns in 2017-2018.
- February 18, 2015 – Annual General Meeting – Paul Nazareth Fundraising Engagement Seminar
- May 20, 2015 – Foundation Funders Panel with Bonnie Moore, Thunder Bay Community Foundation, Don Paterson, The Paterson Foundation and Bonnie McNulty, Ministry of Citizenship & Immigration, Tourism, Culture & Sport.
- June 23, 2015 – Summer Social with TBAVA – Breakwater Taphouse (Upstairs in the train station at marina). 5:00pm-7:00pm.
- September 16, 2015 – General Meeting – Lindsay Doran (e-Philanthropy Officer, TBRHSF) presents how to use social media for your fundraising programs.
- November 18, 2015 – General Meeting – Joe Quaresima (Co-founder, Sencia Canada Ltd) presents on the importance of relationship building and how to excel at networking.
- December 8, 2015 – Holiday Social – 5 Forks from 5:00pm-7:00pm in private dining room
- September 20, 2017 – General Meeting- Lee-Anne Camlin (Philanthropy Associate-Legacy Giving Lakehead University) presents Legacy Giving: Thinking Differently.
- December 6, 2017 – General Meeting – How to Meet Your Year End Targets.
All general meetings are held from 12:00 – 1:30 pm in the RFDA building at 570 Syndicate Ave S. View Google Map. A light lunch is provided to members. The Lakehead Fundraising Association encourages attendees to bring a non-perishable food item for the RFDA.