The Lakehead Fundraising Association Executive remains committed to providing professional development as we navigate through the Covid-19 global pandemic. Until it becomes safe to meet together in person again, meetings in 2021 will move forward in an online format.
Meetings occur on Wednesdays starting at 12:00 noon and end at 1:30 pm.
- Welcome & networking
- Professional Development with a guest speaker or panel
- General Business Meeting (brief, as needed)
- April 21, 2021 – General Meeting – Fraser Green, Good Works Co. – Smart Fundraising in Times of Pandemic (via Zoom)
- April 22, 2020 – Graham Strong – Storytelling (via Zoom)
- September 16, 2020 – Jon Racco, MNP – Charities and Giving | Insights into CRA Guidelines (via Zoom)
- November 18, 2020 – Albert Brulé, CEO United Way of Thunder Bay – Key Performance Indicators (via Zoom)
- February 18, 2015 – Annual General Meeting – Paul Nazareth Fundraising Engagement Seminar
- May 20, 2015 – Foundation Funders Panel with Bonnie Moore, Thunder Bay Community Foundation, Don Paterson, The Paterson Foundation and Bonnie McNulty, Ministry of Citizenship & Immigration, Tourism, Culture & Sport.
- June 23, 2015 – Summer Social with TBAVA – Breakwater Taphouse (Upstairs in the train station at marina). 5:00pm-7:00pm.
- September 16, 2015 – General Meeting – Lindsay Doran (e-Philanthropy Officer, TBRHSF) presents how to use social media for your fundraising programs.
- November 18, 2015 – General Meeting – Joe Quaresima (Co-founder, Sencia Canada Ltd) presents on the importance of relationship building and how to excel at networking.
- December 8, 2015 – Holiday Social – 5 Forks from 5:00pm-7:00pm in private dining room
- September 20, 2017 – General Meeting- Lee-Anne Camlin (Philanthropy Associate-Legacy Giving Lakehead University) presents Legacy Giving: Thinking Differently.
- December 6, 2017 – General Meeting – How to Meet Your Year End Targets.
- February 21, 2018 – Annual General Meeting- Diversifying Your Fundraising Portfolio.
- April 25, 2018 – General Meeting- Next Steps in Professional Development: Exploring the CFRE and Masters in Philanthropy.
- September 19, 2018 – General Meeting – Creating a Meaningful Experience for Your Donors.
- November 21, 2018 – General Meeting – Capital Campaigns: A Panel Discussion.
- February 20, 2019-Annual General Meeting-Major Gifts
- May 15, 2019-General Meeting
- September 18, 2019-General Meeting
- November 20, 2019-General Meeting